Welcome to Renfrewshire Sports Network
The Sports Network is a “bottom up” organisation – represented by sports clubs for sports clubs in Renfrewshire
Benefits to Clubs
- a forum to promote ideas, and to raise and resolve problems
- support and representation for the views of all sports clubs
- a collective voice with which to make representations on issues of concern - to the council, Renfrewshire Leisure, and sports agencies and governing bodies.
- assistance with the development of coaches
- assistance with competitions and events
- provide a focus to draw together the sporting community
- high quality advice, guidance and training on club funding
- advice on club set up, administration and finance
- a focus on raising the profile and development of sport in Renfrewshire, with one eye on the Commonwealth Games
Responsibility of Sports Representatives and their member clubs.
The aim of the network is to have as many sports as possible are represented on the network as both a voice for that particular sport and the wider sports agenda. Member clubs are expected to be involved in the work of the sports network, since they run it! Representative will seek the views of affiliated clubs in aiming to developing their sport and sport in general in Renfrewshire.
As an incentive to clubs to become involved, there will be no annual membership fee to join the network.
The network meets every 6-8 weeks to progress their development plan and would be interested to hear from clubs.
Membership forms (see file below) should be returned to the secretary at email@example.com, or by post to 39 Hawkhead Road, Paisley PA1